in response to a reader's request, please see my Review for this product below. I bought this together with the Parure Powder foundation a month ago. so am i happy? or not?
"Guerlain Parure Extreme Luminous Extreme Wear Foundation leaves the complexion glowing with a naturally matte finish. This Tibetan Rhodiola plant formulation helps cells withstand temperature variations, intense heat, and stress—making this product last for at least eight hours."
image and description from Sephora
i got the shade in 02: Beige Clair. i've read so many raves about this product in Makeupalley so i decided to get one for myself.
what i love:
- the packaging. it comes with a pump so it's hygienic. OCs would definitely love this. with it's gold bottle, you'd feel "rich and glamorous" each time you'd reach for it. (well, at least for me...haha)
- it's light and yet, it gives medium to heavy coverage. i don't use concealer when i use this. i just apply a bit more on my problem areas. a little goes a long way. a pump can cover the whole face so this will really last a loooong time
- it gives a matte, even, glowing look.
- i didn't get any allergies after using this
- with its runny consistency, it's so easy to apply
- i can't say if it keeps my oilies at bay since i'm on obagi and with 3 layers of cream (clear, exfoderm and sunfader" it's understandable if i get oily after a few hours. but what i really love about this foundation is that i look dewy and radiant and not as if i slapped my face with oil. i just blot 2x maximum and no retouching the whole day.
what i hate:
- the smell. it's a bit fragrant but it goes away after some time
- the price? got it for Php2750, but it's from Guerlain..what do you expect?
- their color selection. the shade i got is the lightest, but because of its pinkish undertones, it tends to get a bit dark on me after some time. i flush easily and i'm a bit pinkish already so i think i'd prefer something with yellow undertones.
i apply this with a stippling brush and then pat a bit more on my problem areas and undereyes using my fingers. others prefer to apply this using their fingers. now, to avoid getting too pink on me, i sometimes mix it with my MUFE HD liquid foundation in 117. or i just set it with a lighter shade of finishing powder. i have the powder foundation but i would look as if i went to the beach if i use it as a setting powder.
i forgot to take "before" pics (will update this post) but here are some "after" pics:
excuse the hairs, i'm in front of my electric fan when i took these pics