Monday, April 27, 2009
anyways, on with the tutorial:
2. Apply the yellow gold shade on the inner 3/4 of the lid:
4. Blend with the yellow, add more if needed. Blend, blend, blend:
Sunday, April 26, 2009
- sleek packaging. great for travel, for it avoids spillage unlike other mineral powder foundations. just turn the dial to scrape off the right amount of product you need, and presto!
- great for highlighting. also great as a foundation but oily skinned people must beware
- provides sheer to medium coverage
- makes wrinkless less visible
- provides moisture to dry-skinned people
- expensive. Priced at $59 (got this for Php2850)...but for the amount of product you get which is 21g, i think it's just okay
- the kabuki brush that comes with it. it's horrible! really scratches my skin and i don't think it does a great job on blending the powder into the skin. i use my MAC 182 instead
- too bulky for my makeup kit. hmmm, probably i would need to get a bigger one? lol
- makes me oily after just a few hours. i have to make sure that i primed my face and i have lots of blotting papers on hand. i don't think this should be used at day time, though. it gives you that shimmery look that is great at night time, but definitely not during the day
- limited shades available. I think they only have four: dark, medium, light and fair. I got Light first but gets dark on me...so i had to get Fair.
will i purchase again?
- No. I already have two 21g of this...and i hardly use it.
I can't say that i am INLOVE with this product. But i can't say that I HATE it. Probably just so-so..not something i can't live without. Mom loves it though. And i must say, it suits her. But she hates the idea of buffing with a brush...it enlarges her pores according to her. LOL
Do you have this? If you do, do you love it or hate it? For those who are thinking of getting this, make sure you test it first. I've read some reviews that some people broke out because of this. I never had that experience though, but it surely won't hurt to make sure first.
today was my second day of driving lessons. it was okay. still nervous though, but i'll get used to it...i need to, anyways. it's weird...an hour later of my lessons, i felt sick. i slept for the rest of the afternoon, and i was starving when i woke up. it's hard not having somebody around you and you're feeling sick. i am feeling weak but i have to look after myself or else...
oh well...my bday is a week from now. i still have no idea how to go about celebrating my 30th (shucks, i'm getting old!) bday. for sure, i'll just be stuck at work. sniff.
i wish i'll be back to blogging in no time...it really helps me de-stress and not feel all alone.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Sunday, April 19, 2009
during the mass, i was absent minded. until the priest started his sermon. he talked about TRUST. trusting in yourself, in other people and most especially trusting in HIM. i listened carefully...and when he said "people who are having a hard time trusting other people are those people who don't trust themselves..." it's like hitting me bulls-eye. ouch. i've been hurt a lot...so many times that i already lost count. sometimes, i tend to be cynical already about people and a lot of things. when good things come my way, i would ask "so what's the catch? am i to be hurt again after this?" and when bad things happen...i would say "see, just like what i've thought"
pathetic, i know.
i was touched by the priest's sermon. he said that people must trust in HIM all the time. and that of course, we should be thankful of what we have. if bad things happen, it's always for a reason...and yeah, HE won't give us something we can't endure.
at the end of his sermon, he made us watch a video of Susan Boyle. It was at a show Britain's got talent, you might have watched this already...but if not, click here. i almost cried after seeing it.
we should not be cynical at all. and yeah, it's not good to look down on people just because they don't look pleasant or they are not famous or something. i admire Susan for trusting in herself. she knows what she can do and she believes in herself...something i can't seem to do. i felt ashamed of myself.
i prayed...and promised that i will do my best to feel better. i know i am not the only one having problems or the one worrying too much about the future...but even though i feel like i'm going down, i will still trust in HIM that everything will be alright. and of course, i'll do my part as well. i'll trust in myself that i can go thru anything.
and besides, i have YOU my dearies...you girls have no idea how your comments make me feel better. i am deeply touch each time i get comments/emails from you. i am so thankful to have friends like you.
For those having any sort of problems, we will get thru all these. There's always a rainbow at the end of each rain.
3. Apply Aromaleigh e/s in Strawberry Despair on the outer lid4. Blend
6. Apply MAC Stylin' (from Lucky Tom HK palette) on the lower lashlines, line upper lash lines with Stila smudgepot then curl lashes and apply coats of Mascara.
so, last week, when i started with my new job i got all stressed out already. and on top of that, i feel so sad and alone...probably because my birthday's getting near and i'd be alone that day (and worst, still going to work!) i've always celebrated it with my family or with X...but this year's gonna be different. i'd be all alone...sniff.
those are my loots
i also got the following from Ensembles and Plains & Prints: