And I'm back for another Holiday Makeup Look! I know this isn't the first time you'd see a smokey gold makeup look from me but hey, I've used gold glitters this time…it does make it different, right!? Right!? Please say right. I beg you.
Anyway, here's the look:
I was supposed to do a video tutorial for this one but if I did, this post won't make it this year…maybe after a couple of months! Geesh, I have a number of videos I've been meaning to edit but procrastination always gets the best of me. So I hope a photo tutorial would do for now...
1. For this look, I didn't do my foundation first. Instead, I went straight to doing my brows
2. Apply an eyeshadow primer (UDPP in Eden) all over the lid
3. Using a fluffy blending brush (MAC 224), I applied MAC eyeshadow in Bamboo (matte medium brown) on my crease starting from the outer corner of my eye.
4. Using a flat eye eyeshadow brush (MAC 239), apply MAC eyeshadow in Amber Lights (coppery gold) on the lid.
5. Using a pointed eyeshadow brush (Charm pencil brush), trace the outer-V of your eye with MAC eyeshadow in Carbon (matte black).
6. Using a smaller fluffy blending brush (MAC 222) blend the black eyeshadow to get rid of the harsh lines. Bring some of the colour onto the inner crease too.
7. Using a flat synthetic eyeshadow brush, apply gold glitter eyeshadow on the area where you applied the MAC Amber Lights. I used Barry M. fine glitter dust in Gold. To make it stick on to my lid, I applied a bit of petroleum jelly as base. I don't really recommend it though as it'll make your eyeshadow crease but I didn't have a choice. Now I have a reason to buy myself that Too Faced Glitter Gel soon!
8. Before applying my falsies, I like to apply my eyeliner thinly at first.
9. While waiting for the lash glue to become tacky, curl your lashes then using a tweezer, apply your falsies. I also use a mascara to bind my natural lashes with the falsies.
After the eye makeup, I then proceeded with the rest of my makeup.
Sephora 10-hr Wear Perfection Foundation,
Sephora 8Hr Mattifying Pressed Powder
Sleek Face Contour Kit
Ultraflesh Shinebox for the cheeks
MAC l/s in Ruby Woo + Estee Lauder lipgloss
I hope you like it!