I've been reading my old blog posts and some of the entries I have on my old blog site, the emo one (laughs), and I can't help but to reminisce those days when a lot have been happening in my life. Well, it's still the same but at least now, I now where I'm heading to. As for the resolutions? Well, let's just say until now, I'm still working on some of them.
I just wanna share it with you, and for a change not talk about makeup (or food). Sorry if this would bore you though. I had fun reading thru it, makes me realize that I haven't really changed that much all these years. Hehehe!
the year that was…
i remember posting a blog entry on another blogsite with the same title a year ago. i think that was the first day of 2007, right after our usual Media Noche and when everybody else was sleeping. that was when i want to have a recap of all the things that happened to me on the year 2006. mejo senti, since i bravely posted all the good things and even the bad or maybe worst things that happened to me that year. and i intend to do it all again this time. :)
- i just came out from a long time relationship that ended at the latter part of the year 2006 so i would say that the early part of 2007 was spent still trying to work things out between my ex-fiance and at the same time trying to accept the fact that it was indeed over. (yeah, magulo…sometimes i’d be okay…sometimes not)
- january, with a lot of convincing from my BFF, i was able to travel to Cebu and experience the Sinulog. I was not really into travelling but she told me that having some time without him would be a great idea. So to Cebu and Bohol we went. Until now, i still can’t imagine how i was able to manage walking down the streets of Cebu while watching the sinulog festival na sobrang init ang araw…but it was fun!
- came february, i’ve decided to move out of “our” place and live somewhere else. yep, i waited four months before finally deciding on moving out. but eventually, i’ve realized (actually, both of us did) that it would be the best for the both of us.
- i got involved with somebody…but eventually, it didn’t work out. I dont really wanna expound on this topic, i don’t regret it though but i’ve realized that it wasnt really meant to be.
- i remained friends with my ex-fiance and we both agreed that we need time for ourselves. this i had a hard time trying to sink in my little stupid brain. hehehe
- i dunno if my performance at work finally paid off or its just that they don’t want me to resign like everybody else in our team did, but i got a salary raise. not bad na rin…but of course, it comes with a price. Imagine, being the only tester for all the projects being done in the company?
- i came to realize that those people i usually take for granted would be the same people that i’d be able to count on at times that i’ll just breakdown because of too much stress, frustration, loneliness, etc. i was finally able to know who my real friends are and how important my family is to me. i developed a stronger bond with my mom, it was like being a little child again who’s in need of guidance and attention. sabi nga ng mom ko, i came back to being a baby but the good thing is, she was given a chance to take care of me unlike before because i grew up without her since she was working abroad back then.
- as expected, moving on from my relationship with my ex-fiance became harder that i imagined. it was like being on a rollercoaster ride.
- i’ve realized what i wanted to do: and that is to be able to work abroad and help my family first before worrying on relationships. yeah, i am not getting any younger but who am i to complain if this is indeed the life that was planned for me right? i need to do a lot of thinking and exert a lot of effort to do what i most need to do and that is to love myself first.
- i was able to meet new friends from a message board, started to become active on other forums as well. it may be mababaw for others but i was able to find new friends thru our common interest, which is makeup :) and that really gave me the realization that aside from my current career, i also want to be a makeup artist. or maybe i was just trying to find an excuse for my addiction for makeup? hehehe
- eventually, i became so stressed with work and to add to that, the continuous struggle to move on with my life. i had difficulty sleeping that most of the time, i’ll just have 1-2 hrs of sleep a day. i tried taking in different kinds of sleeping tabs just to help me sleep but nothing seemed to work. i was like an addict trying to look out for new drugs to take. i know it’s not good to depend on medicines, but i need it or else i’d die eventually or lose my job because i can hardly concentrate on my work and a little argument with my boss stresses me to death. i had to see a doctor and finally, he gave me some medications to help me. i don’t depend on it too much though…i don’t intend to be an addict in the first place.
- i dunno what’s with the latter part of the year, but it’s when i get more stressed and frustrated. just before the holidays, we had to move out of our place and find a new one in one week’s time. it was also the time when there were a lot of things to be done at work. imagine getting out of the office at 5am and packing my stuff and moving them out of the old place and moving them in to the new one? for 1 week, i’ve been doing that and in no time i looked like a dead man walking with these horrible eyebags. that was also the time that stress has taken its toll on me that one little bad thing that would happen to me would cause me to cry like a baby. there was even a time that i’ve been worrying too much that i lost balance and dropped on both knees leaving me with bruises that you see on little kids but not on a 28-yr old stupid bitch!
- but as the old cliche goes “everything else will fall into place in time” i was able to overcome all the not so good things that happened to me during the past year. there have been several instances as well when i really felt that God has been saving me from harm and from doing things that i will regret later on. He made me realize that despite the things that have happened to me, i am still blessed and lucky for having people who continue to support and love me for who i am and not for who they wanted me to be.
to sum it up… i can say that the year that was became an eye-opener for me. it helped me realize what are the things that are more important in life and to be thankful for everything that comes your way…be good or bad. everything happens for a reason and I know that He knows what’s good for me and what’s not. and unlike last year, 2007 ended with a blast since i’ve celebrated it with my family (as usual) but this time, it became more special since i was able to realize the importance of having these people around who really loves you no matter what.
so Happy New Year everyone! May God continue to bless us all…
my new year's resolutions…
hmmm…i’ve been trying to come up with a list every year like the others but i can honestly say that i haven’t been able to do most of them, well, if not all.
pathetic, if i may say. and yeah, i am really pathetic when it comes to keeping promises i made to myself. like when i would say “i will no longer be as trusting as before” but i will still end up feeling like a trash when somebody had broken my trust. i can’t seem to learn my lesson when it would involve other people.
so this year, i will try to come up with a list that will only involve myself and just a tiny bit of involvement of other people if really needed. lemme try:
1) SAVE. SAVE. SAVE. hmmm, i might have to delete this one because i can never say NO to somebody who would ask money or material things from me (take note: somebody means friends and family ONLY! heheh) but this year, i really need to save because as of this writing, i have saved nothing! but probably if i would sell all my abubots and makeup, i could come up with a hefty amount to open up a savings account. ehehee
2) STOP BEING A PROCRASTINATOR yep, i am sooo guilty of this. i’d buy things like books that i would think i would like to read but most of the time, they will just end up somewhere collecting dust. the good thing is, my sister is fond of reading…so most of the books i buy, she gets to read it first.
3) THINK POSITIVE uh-ohh…this one’s hard. i’ve been such a pessimist all my life just so i won’t get disappointed when things don’t happen the way i expected them. but i will try…i even bought my mom the famous book entitled “the secret” and i think i need to read it too (goodluck!)
4) DO WHAT YOU ENJOY THE MOST and that would be…shopping!? hahaha..kiddin’ well, maybe a year or two ago i realized what i would be enjoying the most…and nope, it isn’t shopping but makeup! kinda related i know. but this time, i need to make use of all those i’ve bought and probably make money out of it too. If only i have the time and money, i could’ve enrolled in a makeup school and study makeup artistry. But for now, practicing on myself would be a good alternative. then probably in the near future i can enroll or who knows? Like they say, practice makes perfect (yeah, i wish!)
5) DONT TAKE EVERYTHING SERIOUSLY most especially when it comes to work. do what you have to do then ignore them wehehe…last year, i can say was the most stressful year for me when it concerns work. I am not complaining with the work load but the fact that you had to put up with your workmates’ “attitude” most esp. “ehem” anyways, this year…i would try to limit myself. if i used to say yes to all tasks being assigned to me even though it is no longer within my job description, i will try to say No. When it comes to other concerns, i would try not to think and wallow too much in it. I’ll try to shrug it off and move on with life.
6) GYM! yeah…damn, i’ve been a member for almost a year now and i am sure that i’ve been wasting so much money because i was not attending often! geesshh….i’ll stop my membership after i finished the 1-yr contract. such a waste of money… and i know, it’s my fault as well. this could be the only way to de-stress myself and stay fit but what the hell have i been doing???
7) BE ORGANIZED with my stuffs and most of all, my life! set priorities and goals…for god’s sake jhengky, grow up!
8) HAVE FUN stop being such a couch potato on weekends. try to get a life dammit…go out with friends and have fun. (but not every weekend ha)
9) GAIN MORE FRIENDS be active and do meet-ups with the people you meet online (not date!) most especially those from Girltalk.
10) PRAY AND BE THANKFUL FOR EVERYTHING this i am really guilty of. i wanna be honest that most of the time that i pray would be the times that i would be asking for something. From now on, i will pray everyday and be thankful for whatever that comes my way. Thy will be done…
11) GIVE IMPORTANCE TO THOSE WHO REALLY LOVE AND CARES FOR YOU know who your real friends are and who truly stays by your side no matter what. Stop being super nice to non-deserving people who only wants to get something from you but don’t be a snob either. just know who are the real people from the “fakes.”
12) FOLLOW THIS LIST. (hehehe)